About Rachel&Sam

Saturday, September 26, 2009

354 Days - The Dress is Here!

I got my dress! It's lovely. I don't know how much detail I should go into. Technically, it is supposed to be a surprise, right?! I found it at Saks Fifth Avenue (on sale!) It's ivory, it is simple but has very sweet details, and it is not strapless- per Sam's request. I think that is as far as I can go without giving too much away. A lot will need to be done to get it ready for our big day. It will need to be shortened by at least seven or eight inches (Lets not kid ourselves. Probably a foot.) and taken in at the bust. I will deal with it all in good time. So now it resides in my closet. Sam has promised not to look. . . I am slightly suspicious, though. It might take a trip to a friend's house for safe keeping from prying eyes.

I also made a decision about my bridesmaids' dresses. In an effort to be more focused on the meaning of our wedding day and not get too caught up in details, I decided that the ladies will wear whatever dress they like as long as it is in the same color family. I don't care about the fabric or texture or about the girls being matchy matchy. Personally, I don't like the idea of my girls looking like cookie cutter images of each other. They are all beautiful ladies with unique personalities and I think their dresses can be a reflection of who they are. Also, they will be more comfortable on the big day in a dress that they pick out themselves. Plus, I think it will look pretty in pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment