- The Bachelorette Party was a great time with some wonderful ladies. Unfortunately, it didn't start off on the right foot.
- One of my bestests had heat exhaustion and at the last minute couldn't make it to the party. I was really sad to not see her, but it wasn't her fault that my bachelorette party followed a week of 100 degree weather causing her to spend the weekend sick in bed.
- We missed the bus to NYC for my bachelorette party by five minutes. Correction, they gave away our seats to standby passengers because the train to the bus stop was cancelled and made us late. The next bus was booked, so Bridg booked us tickets on the next train, which was a lot more expensive but it was a solution that got us in town on time.
- We got to NYC where my friends were waiting for us and I had a great time. I couldn't let the negativity surrounding the start of the day affect me because my girls came a long way to see me and the last thing a bachelorette party needs is a pouty bride.
- My printer has become haunted by the spirit of Martha Stewart and the Etiquette Gods. When trying to print the invitation envelopes with a pretty font, Martha et al. made my printer eat five envelopes, which couldn't be wasted. I could have panicked, (seriously, I thought about it), but frankly, I don't have the time. The invitations need to go out this week, which means Martha gets her way and I am handwriting the invitation addresses. No picture perfect envelopes for this couple. The wedding industry complex is probably gasping in horror. Oh well. I read a lot of blogs with picture perfect stationary and my first instinct was to worry that my handwriting wasn't good enough. I didn't want people to judge our wedding because the envelopes aren't perfect. Then I realized the people coming to our wedding love us and they don't care about picture perfect envelopes, so I shouldn't worry about them either.
So, moving forward. . .This will be the last update for a few days. Wedding planning, and work are about to get nutty. Thank goodness Sam has been good about making me dinner and keeping me sane. Here are some things on the wedding radar:
- The invites will be out by the end of this week/beginning of next week.
- My first dress fitting is this Saturday.
- Our friends Paige and Will are getting married this weekend! :-)
- I must must must send the cake topper to Laufa to paint!
- We need to finalize the ceremony readings and our vows.
- Wedding programs!
Ugh, I'm done thinking about it. See you next week!