According to CostOfWedding.com, DC weddings on average cost couples between $27,342 and $45,570 total. They go on to say that couples should expect to pay, on average, 50 to 100 percent more when choosing well-experienced professionals, designer labels, popular event locations, unique or custom products and services.
A DC budget wasn't a Rachel and Sam budget. Thankfully, we're not alone. CNN outlined a few tips for people planning their weddings on a budget by using creative methods and give mention to two blogs I have been following. Check it out!
Here are a few ways that we have tried to save on wedding planning:
- DIY projects - centerpieces, cake topper, tiered cupcake holder, and other decor
- Booking a non-hotel venue
- Shopping unlikely wedding shops for sales - Saks, Anthropologie, and Marshalls
- Exhaustive research and internet shopping
- Finding non-established vendors for stationary
- Asking for help
- Cutting our budget and then cutting it again.
Just some thoughts! We're open to more ideas if you want to share!
OK. Back to the invites :-)