About Rachel&Sam

Sunday, September 12, 2010

5 Days - Elephants and the iPod

 I had my latest wedding dream/nightmare that I thought I would share with you.

In my dream, I was getting ready to walk down to the ceremony and it was pouring rain.  Fantastic.  I have been mentally preparing myself for rain because Weather.com says there is a 30 percent chance of rain and Accuweather.com says that there is a 35 percent chance of thunderstorms.  Now the low percentages and the fact that we are still five days away from the wedding should calm my anxiety about the weather because I know deep down that this is a low risk, but the little rain icons that are on the websites are driving me nuts.  Anyways, back to the REM cycle. Bill Owens, the catering manager, informs me about the rain and tells me he is going to move everything inside for the dinner, which I am ok with because it is "Plan B" and something I always anticipated could happen.

The time comes to go to the ceremony and I can't find my veil.  I am running up and down the stairs to find it and then decide I am not going to wear it if I can't find it.  So I turn around and walk back downstairs only to learn that the iPod isn't charged or isn't working and my father is dressed for the rehearsal and not the wedding.  I tell dad to change and we switch out the iPod.

Then all of a sudden the sun comes back out and the reception dinner goes back outside. Wonderful.  This dream took a turn for the better.  Next, I am getting ready to walk down the aisle and, all of a sudden, the elephants for the Barnum & Bailey Circus start parading through the Arts Club courtyard.  Seriously?!  Elephants? I didn't seem upset though, which is not how I expected I would react. When I woke up, I googled elephants and dreams and the search results said that elephants can symbolize inner strength and wisdom. Western cultures believe elephants in dreams represent good luck, whereas Hindus believe that elephants represent God's power to remove obstacles.

The beginning of my dream didn't start out so great, but the appearance of the elephants at the end did make me feel better.  I don't really care whether they represent good luck or just free entertainment!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment