About Rachel&Sam

Friday, October 23, 2009

329 Days - Gram & Boppy


I LOVE my grandparents. They are awesome. But when Sam and I made the decision to have our wedding in Washington, DC, I also knew that the trip from the North Country would be too hard on my grandparents. Obviously I would love for my grandparents to be present on my wedding day, but I don't what them to feel the stress of traveling for at least ten hours. I think if they do come, they wouldn't be able to enjoy it and then what's the point?! Yes, they will certainly be missed on our day. No one wants to get married without beloved family being present, but Sam reminded me that we will be in the North Country next Christmas. He suggested that I bring my dress and he bring his suit and we will renew our vows in front of Gram & Boppy. (One example of why Sam is so incredibly thoughtful.) I called Gram today to let her know what Sam and I have been discussing. For those of you that know her, you can imagine Gram letting the tears flow, but she seemed pretty relieved. I feel very, very good about this decision. I am also going to try and get a copy of my grandparents wedding portrait and have it in a place of honor at our wedding ceremony and reception.

1 comment: